African Library Project in the News
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association News: The African Library Project is Changing Rural Africa One Library at a Time
- sixseconds.org: Raising Humans #11: Raising World-Aware Kids
Center for the Collaborative Classroom: Books Change Lives on 2 Continents - Part 1
- Center for the Collaborative Classroom: Books Change Lives on 2 Continents - Part 2
- Time Warner Cable News: Maspeth Students Writing New Chapter for Ghana School
- allAfrica.com: Botswana: African Library Project Sheds Light
- Good Day Sacramento: DARE Africa Libraries
- netny.tv: Books for Readers in Need
- Wicked Local Wellesley: Kids Care builds library in Africa
- Botswana Daily News: Moapare Relishes Moment As U.S Beckons
- Tracy Press: Kids gather books, money to open libraries in Africa
- Tap into Roxbury: Roxbury Generosity Yields a Boatload of Books for Africa
- Warwick Beacon: Gift of words: Toll Gate club collects books, funds for library in South Africa
- Palo Alto Weekly Online: Jordan Middle School helps start 13 libraries in Africa
- New Canaan Advertiser: New Canaan twins create kids’ libraries in Africa
- VolunteerMatch: Nonprofit Spotlight-African Library Project – Chris Bradshaw
- HuffingtonPost.com: Fighting Ebola With Books
- NYTimes Parenting Blog: Charities That Inspire Kids: The African Library Project
- O Magazine: 18 Amazing Ways to Give Back with $5 or More
- Lubbock child starting a library in Africa needs your donations
- Christian Science Monitor: Chris Bradshaw Ships Books to Africa ...
- Talking Good with Chris Bradshaw
- Twins on a Mission to Collect Books for Africa
- Mercury News: Cupertino, Sunnyvale Residents Spur Book Drive for ALP
- Spelman College English Club Supports ALP
- Inspiring 17-Year-Old Kenyan Immigrant Leads Book Drive to Start Four Libraries with ALP
- ALP Volunteers Win 2012 FamilyFun Disney Friends for Change Volunteers Contest
The Vandeputte-Vercruysse family of Portola Valley, CA, was one of four Grand Prize winners. They were recognized for helping to start 6 libraries in Botswana, Lesotho, and Ghana. After collecting over 6,000 books, they are still going strong.
- Chutzpah Magazine Features Youth Who Have Completed Book Drives for ALP for their Bar or Bat Mitzvah Projects
- Symphony Magazine Reports on the Winston-Salem Symphony Partnering with 43 Elementary Schools and ALP to start 43 Libraries in Botswana
- ALP Goal: Eradicate Illiteracy in Africa
From The Huffington Post, 11/17/10
- She built a library in Africa... and so can you!
From What Gives 365
- Chris Bradshaw Receives Alumni Citation from Denison University
From Denison University Public Affairs Office
Chris spent her junior year at Fourah Bay College, part of the University of Sierra Leone, studying African religion, law and literature. She also traveled alone through western and central Africa, acquainting herself with African traditions and seeing firsthand the conditions the African people endured, and found herself deeply affected-and frustrated-by the pervasive poverty.
Can't find a link on cbs 5 to this news article feature
From CBS 5
At a Portola Valley school library, an industrious group of sixth graders is packing box after box with books. Picture books, board books, all kinds of books...are all headed to Africa, for children whose educational experience is worlds apart.